The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life Charles Stanley Review
See a Problem?
Cheers for telling us about the trouble.
Friend Reviews
Community Reviews
I think that the Holy Spirit may be one of the most controversial topics in the lives of Christians today. He is probably the most misused and misunderstood person of the Trinity.
That'southward why Dr. Stanley'south book is so timely!
In the day and time we're living in, it's even more imperative that we understand Who the Holy Spirit is and what He does.
In "The Spirit-Filled Life I'm thrilled that Dr. Stanley has written a very informative, biblically-based and exciting volume that's all about the Holy Spirit.
I think that the Holy Spirit may exist ane of the about controversial topics in the lives of Christians today. He is probably the most misused and misunderstood person of the Trinity.
That's why Dr. Stanley's book is so timely!
In the mean solar day and time we're living in, it's even more than imperative that nosotros understand Who the Holy Spirit is and what He does.
In "The Spirit-Filled Life", Dr. Stanley shares his own personal feel of coming to understand and detect the Person and piece of work of the Holy Spirit.
Chapter by chapter, delving into Scripture, you will discover for yourself…
Who the Holy Spirit is
What He does
How He works
Are you tired of trying and striving and working on areas of your life?
Have yous rededicated your life to Christ, promising to do better- only to fall dorsum into your same old patterns?
Do you feel completely unequipped to live for and work for Christ?
Are you prepare to experience the freedom that comes from surrendering to the piece of work of the Holy Spirit in your own life?
Is the Holy Spirit a complete mystery to you lot and yous'd like to understand Him more?
This is the volume for y'all!!!
I typically dislike marking up the pages of my books and dog-earring it's pages in case I want to loan it out….well, get your highlighters ready! This i's a keeper!!! ...more
book. It is awesome and very much appreciated.
He clearly explains who the Holy Spirit is, the Spirit-filled life and how information technology functions, hearing the Spirit's vocalisation, and many other related topics. His insights are clear and detailed with examples for understanding.
I too appreciated his honesty in relating examples of successes and failures from his life when he did not listen to the Holy Spirit.
If you are Many books have been written about the Holy Spirit, only none of them compare to Dr. Stanley's
volume. Information technology is awesome and very much appreciated.
He conspicuously explains who the Holy Spirit is, the Spirit-filled life and how it functions, hearing the Spirit's vocalisation, and many other related topics. His insights are articulate and detailed with examples for agreement.
I also appreciated his honesty in relating examples of successes and failures from his life when he did not heed to the Holy Spirit.
If you are interested in a deeper walk with the Holy Spirit, His joy and power, don't miss this opportunity to learn and exist blessed. ...more than
This book conspicuously explains how to live our lives, having a relationship with God and being guided past the Holy Spirit. As a Christian, this is the main thing I seek. I cannot recommend information technology enough.
Charles Stanley always reaches me. There is no dubiety in my mind that God is working through him. It'due south difficult to find a Christian pastor yous can trust. Some who is living to serve God and not glorify himself. I dear God, merely I am highly skeptical of near churches. This man I choose to trust.This book clearly explains how to alive our lives, having a relationship with God and being guided past the Holy Spirit. As a Christian, this is the main matter I seek. I cannot recommend it enough.
...more
He uses scripture to help u be a more spirit filled Christian
Information technology spoke to my heart so much, I cannot describe how vital this is to truly "walking with God". Accept been seeking this change in my life - forever. I believe in doing what He says, not just reading it. It seems to be an ongoing procedure. Will need to go along doing then. Recommend to anyone wanting to get deeper.
NeededIt spoke to my eye so much, I cannot describe how vital this is to truly "walking with God". Accept been seeking this change in my life - forever. I believe in doing what He says, not just reading it. It seems to be an ongoing process. Will demand to keep doing so. Recommend to anyone wanting to go deeper.
...more than
As always, Charles Staley provides useful insights past combining scripture with relevant and personal stories. This book helps the reader better understand the Holy Spirit and how the Holy Spirit can bear on 1's life.
It is so piece of cake to read and understand Dr Stanley'southward writing. He makes everything very clear and easier than it would be without his volume! I experience like I know him!
Dr Charles Stanley helps us understand the many ways the Holy Spirit speaks to us and if we surrender and enquire and listen He can atomic number 82 us to a life of peace and joy in service to others.
In this volume, Stanley's pastoral voice takes a deeply moving and personal turn. Role spiritual autobiography and role spiritual theology, The Spirit-Filled Life: Notice the Joy of Surrend
Charles Stanley is most known for his radio and tv preaching on his "In Bear upon" program. He's the senior pastor at Showtime Baptist Church of Atlanta, and has served as the president of the Southern Baptist Convention. So his pastoral wisdom has been forged in service to Christ's Church for over 50 years.In this book, Stanley's pastoral phonation takes a deeply moving and personal plough. Part spiritual autobiography and part spiritual theology, The Spirit-Filled Life: Observe the Joy of Surrendeing to the Holy Spirit is a beautifully simple, nevertheless graciously instructive book.
The starting time part, "Looking Up", relates Dr Stanley'southward own struggles, as a seminary student and immature, pastor. "I've known the hurting and frustration of trying to live the Christian life by my own devices" (ix). To not-Christians, there appears so little deviation to being Christian. And there's a reason co-ordinate to Stanley: We try to live the impossible Christian life by our own power and processes. It won't work, which is why the Christian life is "the Spirit-filled life".
Sure, nobody's perfect. And, yep, God understands at our failed attempts. But those miss the point. We can't live the life to which God calls us in Jesus "apart from the help of the Holy Spirit" (x).
The offset part of this book is an eye-opening feel. There's hurting, only more chiefly there's joy. Non because he'south a pastor who's figured it all out. But because God's Spirit lives within him.
In that location's promise for all Christians to live this arable, divinely-graced life in the Spirit.
"Looking Within", the second part of the book, highlights how this is a organized religion-full, promise-total give-and-take for all Christians. He rightly highlights the fruit of the Spirit over certain gifts (like speaking in tongues or healing). The piece of work God has given us utilizes those nine virtues for a hurting world. His listing of the fruit of the Spirit on p. 123 opened my eyes. I've preached these frequently, but that listing refreshed them by placing the mirror in front of me.
The final function, "Looking Ahead", opens upward this life in the Spirit for our everyday lives. From peace to wisdom, from conscience to Scripture, God is nevertheless at that place, with us, in united states, in Christ and the Spirit.
In all, this book is a simple, pastoral word. Information technology's easy to read -- no theology classes necessary. And, even if there are points where nosotros disagree (Stanley's premillennialism shines through), it's a real care for to disagree knowing our unity in Christ is forged not out of our agreements, just in this blithesome Spirit-filled life.
_________
Disclosure of Material Connexion: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I take expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission'due south 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertisement."
I found this volume to be fascinating on many levels. Stanley'south order of the book keeps readers focused and depth of the data keeps the reader on their toes. Information technology's not a book to be skimmed lightly, and the questions at the stop of each affiliate are truly valuable at helping the reader begin to deepen their knowledge of the Holy Spirit. But, that's not to say that The Spirit-Filled Life moves slowly. It'due south not a difficult read, rather it's filled with then much of Stanley'due south personal testimony and and so many good verses, soundly interpreted that you need time to procedure what you're learning. I learned then many things nearly who the Holy Spirit is, how he functions and how to incorporate knowledge of and a relationship with him into my everyday life. I've truly seen a difference in my own life by implementing several of things that I learned from the book.
Charles Stanley has long been one of my favorite pastors to watch, just this is the first fourth dimension that I've read one of his books. I find his writing style to be very similar to his preaching style in that he uses a lot of Scripture, is very conscientious in his estimation and gives the reader practical advice that they can use everyday. We've been church shopping for about a year and are nonetheless looking for our church home. Church shopping is often a lonely, difficult and oftentimes discouraging experience. I'm very grateful to have establish a book that both fed me and helped encourage me to keep looking for a identify of worship. I highly recommend anyone seeking to get closer to God or anyone seeking a better cognition of The Holy Spirit to read The Spirit-Filled Life.
I was provided with a copy of The Spirit-Filled Life from BookLook Bloggers for this mail service, however all opinions are my ain
...more
In my review of this book, I was very hopeful that information technology would exist 1 I would want to requite away and share with others. However, I encountered so many of what I consider to be
I did capeesh the care Dr. Stanley gave in proving that the Holy Spirit is an active, living office of the Trinity and God-head. I loved reading nearly how he came to this realization in his ain life. My favorite part was when he recognized that all that was necessary to connect with the Holy Spirit was TRUST. That was crawly.In my review of this book, I was very hopeful that it would exist one I would want to give abroad and share with others. However, I encountered so many of what I consider to be biblical inaccuracies, that I cannot in adept censor recommend it. The doctrine of Eternal Security and Premillennialism are scattered throughout, and scripture does not support these.
...more than
Mr. Stanley is a great instructor plenty of wisdom. .... A cracking book for those who wants the spirit-filled life but don't know how to obtain information technology..
Mr. Stanley is a peachy teacher plenty of wisdom. .... ...more than
Charles Frazier Stanley was born Septem
Dr. Charles F. Stanley is the senior pastor of Outset Baptist Church Atlanta, founder of In Touch Ministries, and a New York Times all-time-selling author who has written more than fifty books, and has sold more than 9 million copies. He demonstrates a cracking awareness of people's needs and provides Christ-centered, biblically-based principles for everyday life.Charles Frazier Stanley was born September 25, 1932, in the small town of Dry Fork, Virginia. The only kid of Charley and Rebecca Stanley, Charles came into the world during a time when the entire nation felt the grip of the Great Low. To make matters worse, merely nine months later, his male parent Charley died at the young age of 29.
All the same, Charles refused to let the Bang-up Depression or the difficulties of his life define him. Instead, similar his male parent and gramps earlier him, he clung to God's Word and took up the mantle to preach the gospel to whoever would listen.
Dr. Stanley'south motivation is best represented past the truth found in Acts 20:24, "Life is worth aught unless I use it for doing the piece of work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Adept News about God'due south mighty kindness and dear." This is because, equally he says, "It is the Give-and-take of God and the work of God that changes people'southward lives."
Dr. Stanley's teachings can exist heard weekly at Offset Baptist Church Atlanta, daily on "In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley" radio and television broadcasts on more than than 2,800 stations around the world, on the Internet at intouch.org, through the In Touch Messenger, and in the monthly, award-winning In Touch magazine.
...moreNews & Interviews
Welcome back. But a moment while nosotros sign you in to your Goodreads account.
Source: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23251128-the-spirit-filled-life
0 Response to "The Wonderful Spirit Filled Life Charles Stanley Review"
Postar um comentário